Energy Efficient Spray Foam Insulation
Achieve energy-efficient design with spray foam insulation
Make energy efficiency your design goal with a two-in-one building material that adds true long-term value for your clients. Energy efficiency resulting from specifying spray foam insulation can contribute to the reduction of:
- space conditioning (heating and cooling) costs
- carbon emissions
- the number of separate building materials used
- construction schedules
By providing a continuous air seal, spray foam insulation can limit air leakage, which can account for up to 40% of a building’s energy loss. While R-value* is an important factor in evaluating the overall performance of an insulation material, a tight air seal can be equally important to achieve energy efficiency in your designs.
As a two-in-one product, spray foam insulation will:
- provide insulating R-value* and air sealing
- consistently perform all year-round regardless of climate or season
- meet today’s stringent building codes
- minimize material waste and costs
- contribute to LEEDv3 legacy credits as well as new LEEDv4 credits
Icynene was an industry participant in the LCA study performed by the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA). Access the industry-generic EPD’s, as published by UL Environment.